Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Barefoot Imagination



Taydem is always enthusiastic and willing to adorn a pair of fake pearls and black patent leather pumps when I ask her to be my model. Her model strut emphasizes her exuberance as she exclaims, "I AM BEAUTIFUL!" She has been laughing in front of my camera since my first practices with my old Nikon. 

Many pine for Taydem's outlook on life; she would play for hours with a wooden spoon and a bowl. Her imagination allows the spoon to become a blonde princess holding on to her last desperate breaths while being threatened by the terrifying fire-breathing dragon in which the bowl has transformed. She does not know yet that realism is an unfortunate cost of adulthood. I know that even when life gets her down, Taydem’s view on life will not change. It is to be enjoyed and every moment should be seized. Taydem’s lessons are a precious reminder to enjoy it all because there sure is a heck of a lot of goodness around us. Don’t be afraid to smile a little and go hunting for Sparkly Dragons in the Trees. 












1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to share your thoughts.