Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Superheroes


At the start of every fall season, my boys jubilantly jump around in the middle of Wal-Mart when they see the hues of blacks, oranges and purples that indicate the beginning of the Halloween buying season. I laugh out loud even as I write this because you know only children would be ecstatic at the prospect of shopping at Wal-Mart. Most bodies that file into the horribly fluorescent lit hovel of a store carry a jaded scowl on their face. 

Not my boys. 
They. 
Love. 
Life. 

Every inch of it. 

And I bask in their excitement in these moments; my heart fills and pains at the amount of love in which it carries. 

The truth about my new love of photograpy begins here - these moments when nothing else in the world matters except the happiness of our children - are the moments I want to capture and remember always. Adorning masks and running around as superheroes in our backyard fills them with a contagious excitement. I will always remember how complete I feel when I watch them enjoy their super powers given to them by a few measly scraps of bright colored fabric. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Feel free to share your thoughts.